Thursday, June 25, 2009

The Latest...

Last weekend was our ward camp out. I debated whether or not we should stay the night because of Dillon, but for Casey it was no question...We ended up staying. It got a little cold and rained on us a little, but Dillon did really well and slept awesome. He started sleeping through the night just a couple weeks ago, and I worried this might mess that up. Thank goodness it didn't. Good thing too, because I know it won't be his last camping trip.


Time to bring in July!! I can't believe June is almost over: the summer is already flying by. This is the latest in my cake making kick...
This is my nephew Canyon with Dillon. He is so cute to take care of Dillon all the time. He said someday he is going to teach Dillon how to ride a four wheeler.
This is Dillon with Grandpa Dyreng. We were in Gunnison celebrating Father's Day. Happy Father's day to my Dad, Richard, and Casey. I love you all!!
And...Dillon had his first hair cut. His hair was starting to get pretty gnarly on the sides. Casey didn't cut much-it was pretty difficult to get Dillon to hold still. I think next time we'll do it while he's sleeping.
Lately Dillon has been blowing raspberries and giggling more everyday, although he hasn't laughed for Casey yet. For some reason he always laughs just before Casey walks in the door. I think it's killing Casey. I'm sure he'll hear him sooner or later.

8 comments:

JaKe and NaT* said...

sam all those pics are so dang cute.. dillon is for sure a cutie!! how awesome that he slept the whole night while camping and i just love your cakes you have been makin.. you are so talented i really want you to teach me!!

JaNae said...

What a cutie! I can't believe you've already had to cut his hair!

I LOVE your cake. You did such a good job on it! Love you!

The Dyreng's said...

Sam he is getting so big I can not even believe it. He is so cute. Your cakes are amazing! We love you all.

trudy...{and jamo} said...

you are so brave! camping out-all night! bless your hear! Dillon is sooooooooooooooooo cute! I love your other cake too~

mandy85 said...

He is growing right up it is fun seeing how they learn things. And the cake looks great

Ostler said...

Oh Sam...The days of ward campouts with the 19th ward...ba ha ha. And you guys slept in the truck...without an air mattress! When I think about it, I just crack up! We miss you!!!!
And...Remember that one recipe i loved of your salsa? Well, I can't find it anywhere!!! Maybe if you even remember what i'm talking about you could email it to me?!? mindabindaboo@hotmail.com
p.s. your baby is stinkin' cute!

Christensen's said...

Sam...you are amazing! I love it that you and JaNae have really gotten into this cake making. You need to help me change my attitude about making cakes. Cute pictures! I am glad that Dillon did well at the campout.

Jamie said...

We're so glad you guys found us! We didn't even know you had a baby and he is so so so cute!